One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is a big cinnamon roll with lots of icing on top! My dad knows how to make the best!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 loaf white bread dough,
- Flour, for dusting surface
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ stick butter, softened
- Pinch salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Spread all of the softened butter over dough and then evenly sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting at the long edge, roll up dough. Cut roll into 16 slices and then set aside in a warm place and allow dough to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide rolls among 2 lightly buttered round baking pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden on top. While the rolls are baking, combine the icing ingredients with an electric mixer until fluffy. Frost the warm rolls with the icing. Serve warm.