Carrot Torta is a simple recipe that will be a huge it at your next family get-together! If you’re anything like me, though, it won’t all make it there because it is so phenomenal that I can’t resist “sampling” as often as possible.
- 1 lb. Carrots
- 1 Small can Nestle Media Crema (Table Cream)
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Stick Butter (melted)
- 1 ½ Cups Brick Cheese (crumbled)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Bacardi Rum
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Cups Pound Cake Crumbled
- 1 Cup Pound Cake Crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted
- Peel and shred/chop carrots until very fine.
- Add the next 9 ingredients and mix well in bowl.
- Add pound cake and mix gently
- Pour mixture in a well greased 2 quart, 8 x 11.5 in pan.
- Mix the pound cake in a mixing bowl with the melted butter and sprinkle over the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm as a side dish or dessert.