A must!-warm up before eating to maximize flavors!
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 C Butter
- 2 C Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 C Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅔ C Brown Sugar
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 C Raisins
- 1 C Chopped Walnuts
- Put flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar, add eggs and mix well with electric mixer.
- Combine butter and sugar mixture with four mixture, and sour cream.
- Add Vanilla.
- Take half of batter and put in 4, 8” greased and floured pans.
- Sprinkle half of filling then add remaining butter,
- Sprinkle in remaining filling.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 min. and unmold.
To easily spread batter use a wet knife. As a guide to divide batter use a serving spoon wrapped in cellophane for a wonderful presentation!