Now, everyone needs a basic sugar cookie recipe. Pick your favorite cookie cutters and decorate any way you want, and your little ones will be delighted!! Just the smell from the oven will have little noses whiffing and flocking in no time!!
Thank you Lydia
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter. Add sugar gradually until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Blend slowly into creamed mixture.
- Mix well until dough sticks together.
- Chill if needed.
- Roll out into ¼ inch thick. Use cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes. Chill and decorate.